Wednesday, August 20, 2008

From the Desk of the First Lady

One of my kiddos from last year went to Rainy Day Books near the Plaza when Laura and Jenna Bush came in town. There were very long lines, so Lucy decided to write Laura a letter to pass the time. The last week of school, Lucy gave me an autographed children's book by Laura and Jenna. In May, she received a letter from Laura. By the time she received the package, school was out. Lucy's mom visited me last night at Back to School Night and gave me a copy of Laura's letter to Lucy. I guess I'm three degrees from the president of the United States! Here is the letter:

5 comments:

Georgia Colyers said...

It just goes to show you haw much influence you have on those around you. Way to go.

Georgia Colyers said...

Obviously, I wouldn't be much of a spelling influence..."how much", not "haw much".

Nancy said...

That's pretty cool, Jessica.

Nancy said...

Georgia Colyers, yer spalling idn't that bad!

Becky said...

to kool.